Youthful skin, slimmer body, natural glow. Maybe she was born with it. Maybe a doctor helped her out. Find out the most popular treatments (and go ahead — try one of them yourself.)
1. Cool Sculpting. An FDA-approved, non-surgical device that uses precisely controlled cooling to destroy fat cells to eliminate unwanted love handles, bra rolls, and stomach fat.
2. RevLite. This laser rejuvenation treatment provides illuminated, renewed skin without requiring any anesthesia or downtime. The Revlite’s PhotoAcoustic energy creates a smoother, healthier looking complexion while stimulating ongoing collagen growth.
3. Thermage CPT. A premium non-invasive skin rejuvenation and tightening procedure that uses radio frequency waves, Thermage penetrates deep into the skin to stimulate your body’s natural renewal of collagen, resulting in skin tightening and contouring. Thermage is FDA approved for the non-invasive treatment of facial wrinkles, and is also the only system which is FDA- approved for non-invasive treatment of the eyelids.
4. Fraxel. This laser treatment uses patented fractional technology to target damaged skin with microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into the skin. The laser treats only a fraction of tissue at a time, leaving the surrounding tissue untouched, which promotes rapid healing and stimulates your body’s own natural healing process to replace old damaged cells with fresh, glowing, healthy skin.
5. Ulthera. This gives the effect of a non-invasive facelift and gives results comparable to plastic surgery. It is based on the concentration of ultrasonic energy at selected locations and to a predetermined depth, resulting in a clear heat-lifting, as well as a significant skin firming. It is also the only device that allows you to visualise subcutaneous tissue during the procedure, which ensures precision.
6. Botox. Still the go-to treatment for wrinkles, Botox is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows, to soften angular jawlines as well as to curb excessive underarm sweating for a short period of time.
7. Cosmelan-amf. A depigmentation peel treatment that first established itself as a cult treatment in Hollywood, this treatment lightens both hormonal-and scarring-related pigmentation, and even has the ability to alleviate acne. Unlike harsh acid peels, it does not result in downtime nor severe flaking and redness.
8. Fillers. Injectable fillers, like Juvederm or Restylane, can be used for everything from lip augmentation to wrinkle treatment to scar removal, even to create a higher nose bridge!
9. Radio Frequency Body Contouring. These procedures involve the use of a radiofrequency (RF) energy device to heat up and tighten tissue to boost blood flow and break down cellulite and fat. It can be used to treat excess pockets of fat on the stomach, hips and thighs, reduce cellulite and tighten saggy skin caused by weight loss or pregnancy. The treatment is very safe and has minimal downtime. Popular machines include Velashape, Accent, Thermacool and Tripollar.
10. Laser hair removal. Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures in the U.S. It beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles. The pigments in the follicles absorb the light, destroying the hair. Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
Would you like to share your story of transformation with us in our latest edition? Write to: email@example.com