These makeup hacks are absolute game-changers. They fix all the annoying makeup emergencies (like getting mascara on your eyelid), cut your makeup routine in half, and save you tons of money. Try them now!
EYELINER MAKEUP HACKS
- Store your liquid eyeliners upside down so that the formula doesn’t settle at the bottom of the pen. You’ll be able to use the liner to the last drop!
- Get the perfect cat-eye just by using scotch tape as a guide. Kylie Jenner shows you how.
- Line and curl at the same time! Get your eyelash curler. Line the inside metal with liquid liner or black pencil. Curl your lashes. Works on both upper and lower lashes!
- Use mascara as an eyeliner! Just rub a small angled brush on your mascara wand and apply just like any liquid eyeliner.
- Navy blue eyeliner will make the whites of your eyes look whiter.
- Instantly turn a pencil eyeliner into a gel formula with a lighter. The pigment will be more intense and last longer.
LIPSTICK MAKEUP HACKS
- Mix a small bit of foundation with any lipstick you have to create a creamy nude lipstick that matches your skin tone.
- Red lipstick with blue undertones (like MAC Ruby Woo) will make your teeth look whiter.
- Use lipstick as a cream blush! Just blend it in well to keep it subtle.
- You can give any lipstick a matte finish! Just press tissue against the lips and then apply translucent powder on top.
- Use one lipstick in three different ways! Watch Lisa Eldridge’s lipstick tutorial:
MASCARA MAKEUP HACKS
- Heat your eyelash curler with a blowdryer. Your lashes will stay curled a lot longer!
- Don’t throw away old mascara wands! Clean them up and use them as a cheap spoolie brush. They’re perfect for brushing up brows or removing clumps of mascara from your lashes.
- If you smudged your mascara on your lid while applying it, don’t wipe it off while it’s wet. Leave it to dry and then flick off that dried clump with a cotton swab.
- Bend an old mascara wand to a horizontal position. Mascara’s now easier to apply really close to the lashline.
- Mascara dried up? Place the wand in a mug of hot water to heat up the formula. Watch this video for more mascara tips:
EYESHADOW MAKEUP HACKS
- Here are two easy ways to catch eyeshadow fallout. 1) Cover the area under your eye with one sheet of tissue. 2) Apply a loose layer of baby powder under your eyes. It catches any falling eye shadow, and you can dust it all off with a big fluffy brush when you’re done.
- Apply a cream eyeshadow under a powder shadow to intensify the color, prevent eyeshadow fallout and make it last longer. This is perfect for heavy smoky eyes that won’t smudge even after hours of clubbing!
- Apply a shimmer eyeshadow in the inner corner of your eyes to make them look brighter and less tired.