Ready for a makeover? You can look younger, have blemish-free skin, and lose the fat around your chin and waist. We ask some of Singapore’s aesthetic doctors recommend the three popular treatments that have clinically proven results and minimal downtime.
Lift and tighten skin with Ultherapy
Singapore plastic surgery pioneer Leslie Kuek is one of the country’s experts on lifting and tightening skin. While a face lift still gives the most dramatic results, he recommends Ultherapy as your next best non-surgical alternative. It has no downtime: you can resume your usual routine right after, and your skin isn’t sun-sensitive so you can still go on a beach holiday!
• What it solves: Lines and wrinkles on the face and neck. It’s also the only non-invasive procedure specifically cleared by the FDA to tighten the skin on the chest or the décolleté
• How it works: Ultrasound energy penetrates to the foundational layers of the skin and triggers your body to produce fresh collagen. Your skin surface isn’t damaged at all, and the results look completely natural. The treatment’s been approved by the FDA and the European CE, and has been successfully performed over 700,000 times around the world.
• Why we love it: Ultherapy causes you to produce your own collagen – no foreign substances are left behind! It is also very, very precise. Thanks to ultrasound imaging, your doctors can see your skin layers and make sure that the waves target the most important areas.
• What to expect: You’ll see an immediate difference, but the full effects show up in 3 to 6 months as you produce more collagen. Your skin just keeps getting better and better!
• Where to get it:
Leslie Kuek Plastic Surgery Clinic offers Ultherapy along with other plastic surgery and rejuvenative therapy. The clinic’s been around for 25 years — and you get to receive treatment from Dr. Kuek himself. He’s the former President of the Singapore Society of Cosmetic (Aesthetic) Surgeons, member of both Singapore and international boards of aesthetics, and has been featured in numerous newspapers and magazines. Go to www.lesliekuek.com, call (65) 64722972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get clear, glowing, spotless skin with the Q-switch laser
Dr. Gerard Ee of The Clifford Clinic has always had a special interest in minimally invasive procedures. “I want to create subtle changes in the contours and colours of the skin, using procedures which avoid the need for hospitalization.”
An accredited expert in Botox, fillers, lasers and light therapies, he personally recommends Q-switch laser as a treatment for acne scars and pigmentations. Clinical studies show that a single session can fade up to 70% of a brown spot, and there is very little downtime. You may need to avoid the sun for a few days, but you’ll be able to hit the holiday parties free of worries – and blemishes!
• What it solves: Sun spots, age spots, freckles, and acne marks
• How it works: The heat energy in lasers break down the melanin in targeted skin cells. The Q-switch laser releases this energy in short bursts – just a billionth of a second – so it can melt the pigment without damaging tissue.
• Why we love it: It can take months for skin creams to fade a scar. This treatment is fast and clinically proven to fade even very dark and very large marks. Scabs and infections are also very rare.
• What to expect: Most people only need 1 or 2 sessions, so by next year you could have no acne scars and blemishes!
• Where to get it:
The Clifford Aesthetics specializes in treatments that are minimally invasive and have very low down time. It also has a very comprehensive acne program. Aside from the Q-switch laser, which fade pigmented acne scars, it also has the Infini Fractional Radiofrequency Treatment for deep scars and Fractional CO2 Laser for depressed scars. To get your personalized consultation, go to www.cliffordclinic.com or call (65) 6532 2400.
Freeze fat with CoolSculpting
Dr. Elias Tam of EHA Clinic says Coolsculpt is the perfect lunch-time fat-reduction treatment. It takes only an hour to treat each area, and you can immediately go back to your routine. You can even head straight to the gym! It’s also safe – it’s been cleared by the FDA, and has been performed 3.5 million times around the world.
• What it solves: stubborn, hard-to-reach fat like love-handles, belly, inner and outer thighs, arms, double chin
• How it works: Fat cells freeze at higher temperatures than other tissues. The machine breaks down the targeted fat, and your body flushes them out naturally. Since fats crystallize faster than other cells, there’s no damage to skin, nerves or other surrounding tissue.
• Why we love it: The treatment is very comfortable, and involves no needles or incisions. You literally just sit back and relax while you lose the fat. If you have a low pain tolerance, your doctor can give you painkillers. There may be some bruising afterwards (especially if you’re the type who bruises easily) but this fades really quickly.
• What to expect: Patients can expect to lose about 20 to 24% fat in the treated area. You can see results after one month, but the best results are seen after three months.
• Where to get it:
EHA Clinic offers both Cool Sculpting and a full range of medical and aesthetic treatments. Dr. Tam himself is a member of many international boards for not just fat reduction, but hair restoration and anti-ageing too. If you’d like to get more information about Cool Sculpting – or ask about other treatments for the skin, hair and body – visit www.ehaclinic.sg, call 6235 3325 or email email@example.com