You’ve tried natural skincare, but what about natural hair care? Natural shampoos are full of plant and herb extracts that can strengthen your hair and scalp without exposing it to harmful chemicals.
- Benefits of Natural Shampoos
- Avalon Organics
- PHS Hairscience ADV Argan Oil Shampoo
- A’Kin Natural Shampoos
- Christophe Robin Hydrating Shampoo Bar with Aloe Vera
- Rita Hazan True Color Shampoo
- Hanz De Fuko Natural Shampoos
- Abyssian Sunday Detox Exfoliating Shampoo
- Rahua Voluminous Dry Shampoo
Benefits of Natural Shampoos
- Non-allergenic. If you have dry, itchy scalp you may be sensitive to sulfates or synthetic fragrances. Switch to a natural shampoo (or alternate it with your favourite shampoo to see if you solves the problem.
- Fragrant. Many natural shampoos contain concentrated plant or flower extracts that smell wonderful! And they also have a fresh, clean and subtle scent — perfect if you’re not a fan of heavy perfumes.
- Eco-friendly. Natural shampoos use natural, bio-degradable ingredients that won’t contaminate water. They won’t create much lather (because they don’t have the chemicals that make the suds) but they still clean your hair just as well!
Here are some of the natural shampoos in Singapore — find one for your hair type and budget!
Best for: Affordable Price
Choose the one for your hair type. Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Shampoo to fight dandruff, Biotin B-Complex to fight thinning hair, Lavender to nourish dry hair, and Lemon to remove build up and add shine. It’s also one of the most affordable natural shampoos in Singapore! $13.90, Watsons.
PHS Hairscience ADV Argan Oil Shampoo
Best for: Damaged Hair
The argan oil brings even the most dry, damaged hair back to life. It also is packed with all-natural Korean botanical essences and botanical stem cells which will nourish your scalp and keep your hair soft and manageable. $39, available at the PHS website.
A’Kin Natural Shampoos
Best for: Sensitive Skin / Scalp
You’ll also find a huge range of natural shampoos from A’kin. Some of their bestselling shampoos in Singapore are their moisturizing Abysinnian Oil and Wheat Protein Shampoo, and their Lemongrass Purifying Shampoo.. If you have sensitive skin and scalp, you can also get their Fragrance-Free Hypoallergenic Shampoo. $38.50, Redmart.
Christophe Robin Hydrating Shampoo Bar with Aloe Vera
Best for: Travel
This award-winning shampoo contains
aloe vera, shikakai, and coconut extracts. It’s perfect for dry, dull hair. Shampoo bars have the most eco-friendly packaging, and they’re convenient for travel too! You can even use this one for your hair and body. Pack one for your trip, or put it in your gym bag! $34, Sephora.
See our other recos for the best travel-sized portable hair products.
Rita Hazan True Color Shampoo
Best for: Colour-Treated Hair
This sulfate-free shampoo was developed by colourists so it wouldn’t fade or strip your hair colour. It keeps your hair clean and soft with natural rice proteins and moringa seed extracts. $38, Sephora.
Hanz De Fuko Natural Shampoos
Best for: Fighting hair loss
It’s got hundreds of five-star reviews from women around the world. The 10+ amino acids nourish your scalp for optimum hair growth. Beauty reviews also praise how it makes their scalp feel fresh and tingly. And unlike some natural shampoos, it creates a good lather. $30, Sephora.
Check out our article on other shampoos that fight hair loss and thinning hair.
Abyssian Sunday Detox Exfoliating Shampoo
Best for: Removing build-up
Use this once a week to clear your scalp of dirt and residue from shampoos, conditioners, and styling products. This can help treat oily hair and scalp, clear your hair follicles to encourage healthy hair growth, and restore volume and shine! $56, Sephota
Rahua Voluminous Dry Shampoo
Best for: dry shampoo
You shouldn’t shampoo every day, even if you are using a natural product! In between washes, fight oily scalp and add volume to hair with this 100% natural dry shampoo. It’s also vegan and gluten-free. $48, Sephora.
Read our tips on the best way to apply dry shampoo.