Vegan is a term used to describe any product that is 100% free from animal ingredients. Unfortunately, most soaps contain animal fat. In fact, in order to be considered a soap, it must have lye and fat in the ingredient listing. But more than religious, philosophic, moral, health, ecological, or dietetic reasons, more and more people are trying out vegan skincare products such as soaps and vegan facial wash, shampoo, conditioner simply because they are popping everywhere. If you’re not yet convinced, below are more reasons why you need a lifestyle switch:
- Vegan soaps normally contain palm oil, coconut oil, or both which makes the soap even better. Palm oil contains beta carotene even higher than a carrot, while the coconut oil helps in moisturize and cleanse without the need to use animal fat.
- It does not irritate. Sensitive skin can tolerate less to chemically produced soaps. By using an organic, plant-based soap, irritation can be avoided or more prevented. Organic soap contains ingredients that are not, and have not been produced with herbicides, chemical fertilizers, or pesticides. Organic soaps also tend to be gentler on the skin, very ideal for those who have sensitive skin, and also fantastic for children. Conventional soaps are usually made up of a lot of chemicals and can lead to dry skin and flakiness.
- They are environment-friendly. These products are not tested on animals. Organic ingredients are made without chemicals and other pesticides which contribute to water, air and soil pollution. Organic soaps may not be the only heroes for saving the environment but it can contribute some effort in reducing few environment problems.
- Organic soaps are chemical free. Natural oils are found in these organic based soaps that contain antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of their own. These work as nature intended and are completely natural, so no risk of exposure to synthetic chemicals.
- These plant-based oils are actually better compared to what the chemical-based soaps you use.
Palm oil is an extremely useful vegetable oil that is derived from the various pulp from palms. Palm oils contain beta-carotene as one of its prime components which is very good for improving energy levels and boosting hormonal balance in the body. Palm oil contains the hard to find toctrienols, which are members of the vitamin E family. The common form of vitamin E, tocopherol, has long been used to treat many skin ailments and is found in many anti-aging products.
Olive oil soap is great for the skin and is perfect for people who suffer from very dry skin especially for people who suffer from skin irritations like Eczema. Antioxidants, when topically applied, may help protect the skin from premature skin aging. Unlike commercial moisturizers that can clog pores and exacerbate current skin conditions, olive oil penetrates deeply into the skin while providing an enhance exfoliation.