- What is a liquid facelift?
- What are the benefits of a liquid facelift?
- What are the targeted areas for a liquid facelift?
- How does a liquid facelift work?
- What is the procedure for a liquid facelift?
- Are there side effects or risks when getting a liquid facelift?
- How do you prepare for a liquid facelift?
- What can I expect after the liquid facelift?
- How much does a liquid facelift cost in Singapore?
- Where can I get a liquid facelift in Singapore?
What is a liquid facelift?
A Liquid facelift procedure uses injectables that are known as fillers and Botox to help relax and soften the appearances of wrinkles and facial lines. Not only that but liquid facelifts also volumizers like Volume, Restyles, Lyft and Sculptra to restore volume into your face.
These liquid facelifts reduce the sagging of the skin by filling it up from the inside, and it re-contours facial drooping or hollow eyes. Additionally, it differs from a surgical facelift, as it does not involve cutting into the skin and it is a minimally-invasive cosmetic procedure that is less expensive and riskier compared to a surgical or traditional facelift.
What are the benefits of a liquid facelift?
Here are some benefits of liquid facelifts:
- Plumps the lips
- Reduces hollow areas under your eyes
- Fills your cheeks if they appear gaunt
- Tightens your wrinkles around eyes, lips and forehead
- Reduces appearance of scars
- It only takes about 30 minutes for the entire session
- Very little downtime
- The cost of is cheaper than surgical facelifts
- Liquid facelifts are more subtle than surgical facelifts, hence no dramatic results
- Makes your skin look more plump and youthful
What are the targeted areas for a liquid facelift?
If the focus of your facelift is on your face, here are some areas that you may want to target:
- The folds between the nose and the mouth
- Under your eyes
- Near your eyebrows
- Around your scars
How does a liquid facelift work?
As the connective tissues in your skin, like elastin and collagen break down as you age, you tend to lose fat in your face, that leads to you face looking gaunt. Hence, most people feel that they skin is looking told and opt for procedures that reverse this effect of sagging and ageing.
Also, fillers work by filling up the space in the layers of the skin. Hence, the skin plumps up and reduces the appearance of wrinkles as well as the sagging skin.
What is the procedure for a liquid facelift?
- Do your research about a dermatologist or plastic surgeon that provides liquid facelift treatments?
- Schedule an appointment and discuss your desired results.
- The doctor then examines your skin and face and talks to you about the procedure.
- Then the procedure begins, the doctor will provide you with a local anaesthetic to numb the area of that will be injected.
- Then, the doctor will start injecting the fillers into your face. Also, do note that the injections may sting a little and they usually take a few minutes each.
- The entire procedure will be completed in one session that will last about 15 to 30 minutes.
Are there side effects or risks when getting a liquid facelift?
Usually, when you’re getting liquid facelifts, there will generally be lesser bruising than surgical facelifts. However, you might still experience a little bruising after the procedure especially if you had fillers injected around the areas of your eyes. Other common side effects are like some pain, swelling and redness.
Also, if you are on any blood-thinning medication, your bruising could be a little worse. Hence, it is vital that you inform your doctor about all the medications and supplements you take, even if it is just a multivitamin.
How do you prepare for a liquid facelift?
When you’re set to get a liquid facelift, it requires very little preparation. Technically, you should not have any of the following on the day of your procedure:
- facial makeup
- a skin infection
- a wound on the parts of your face that is to be injected
Other than that, you should also avoid having any of these two days before the procedure as they can lead to an increased bruising:
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like ibuprofen and naproxen
Another thing to take note is that you should get plenty of rest the night prior to your appointment. However, these things to get yourself prepared will be briefed to you by your doctor.
What can I expect after the liquid facelift?
After you liquid facelift procedure, you should have no problem going back to work the next day, but you might really want to take some time off if the bruising gets bad.
Usually, your doctor would advise you to ice your face immediately after the procedure as it helps reduce swelling. Also, you will be advised to avoid strenuous exercise for the next day and to also avoid the sun and tanning beds.
How much does a liquid facelift cost in Singapore?
The cost of a liquid facelift procedure would depend on several factors such as:
- The city the clinic is in
- The type of dermal injections you choose. For example: Juvederm, Botox and etc
- How many injections your require
- The experience of the doctor
Where can I get a liquid facelift in Singapore?
David Loh Surgery
David Loh Surgery is a well-renowned and established aesthetic clinic in the hear of Orchard Road in Singapore. His clinic was founded on the grounds of aesthetic procedures involving either little or no recovery at all. Together with this team of excellent doctors, they have been accredited for popularising the concept of “Lunch Time Makeovers”.
The team at David Loh Surgery are experts when it comes to liquid facelifts and facial fillers. What’s more is that they have published journals on the art of filler injections as well as the management of filler complications. Hence, if you’re looking for a good clinic with an incredible accreditation and success in liquid facelifts, David Loh Surgery is the way to go!
- David Loh Surgery (MAIN CLINIC)
501 Orchard Road,
#05-16 Wheelock Place,
- David Loh Surgery (BRANCH CLINIC)
10 Sinaran Drive,
#08-35 Novena Medical Center,
- Mondays to Fridays: 10 AM – 6 PM
Saturdays: 10AM – 2 PM
- Main Clinic = +65 6733 5300
- Branch Clinic = +65 6733 9114
For more information and to book an appointment, click here