Beauty Insider is an online beauty magazine, review and rewards platform,available at present in Singapore, Malaysia and The Philippines, that provides content on products, services, latest trends and news in the beauty industry from various Merchants that include cosmetic brands and also the services of a variety of Third-Party service providers relating to spas, salons and Aesthetic Doctors, and provides the opportunity for users of, and purchasers of Products on, Insider Mall (hereinafter referred to as the “End Users” and/or “Buyers”, as the context may demand) to directly engage in the manner as described. Therefore, Beauty Insider is an online beauty magazine and review site with registered members, whereas Insider Mall is the e-commerce marketplace of Beauty Insider.
Beauty Insider and the on-site marketplace, the Insider Mall website, its owners, MapleTree Media Pte Ltd (“MTM”), its officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, successors, agents, subsidiaries, and partners, will hereby be referred as “we”, “us”, and “our”. The visitor/user of the marketplace will be referred to as “you” or “your” or “consumer”, “Member”, or “user” and their corresponding expressions in the plural form, as the context may demand.
MTM is the owner of the Beauty Insider business and the website related thereto and is a publisher of online magazines, in electronic form, as well as a content aggregator of beauty products and services, and content related thereto, for women (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Product” or “Products”, as the context may demand) under the “Beauty Insider” or brand and is the owner of a business relating to the “Beauty Insider” brand. We offer services relating to digital marketing, which provides content development, creative design, search engine optimisation, web development, online marketing and other digital services in relation thereto, online marketplaces, and review portals. We, under the auspices of our “Beauty Insider” brand, and for the purposes of our on-line beauty business, provide the opportunity to Third Parties to list their Products on Insider Mall with a view to offering the Products for sale to you.
“Personal Data” means any data, whether true or not, which is (a) about an individual who can be identified (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access and would include data in our records as may be updated from time to time, or (b) defined as “personal data” or “personal information” under any applicable Data Protection Laws.
“Data Protection Laws” means the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (PDPA) and its allied legislations and guidelines as may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission (“PDPC”) of Singapore by which the Personal Data collection, processing and usage is based and governed.
“Social Media” means Beauty Insider’s pages and accounts on third-party Social Media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, You Tube, TikTok, Telegram, etc.
“Insider Deals” is the promotions and special deal sectionson Beauty Insider offered by our Merchants and Sellers.
“Insider Girls” or “Trial Team Girls” are ladies invited by Beauty Insider, subject to adherence to a process inter alia involving notice and disclaimers, to participate in our sampling and testing programs offered from time to time by our Merchants and Sellers.
“BFF Rewards Program” refers to the BFF Rewards Points are used throughout the Beauty Insider and Insider Mall platforms as a way to earn points that can be redeemed for exclusive benefits and privileges for our registered members. These can be in the form of store e-vouchers, special deals and promotions offered by our Sellers and Merchants.
“Direct Bookings” is a booking system that allows users of Beauty Insider to book their appointments directly with the salon owners or Aesthetic Doctors.
“Reviews” are user generated and allow End Users to leave their reviews and feedback on Products or services listed on the Beauty Insider or Insider Mall platforms.
“Seller”, in the context of this Agreement, may include a reference to any Third Party who lists, exhibits, displays and/or otherwise makes available for access any of their products and services on Beauty Insider and/or Insider Mall.
“Merchant” means any person, legal entity or individual other than MTM and Seller who works in or owns a retail business and sells goods, and, for the purposes of this Agreement, shall be one who lists and sells the Products and Services.
“End User” means any person who accesses the Platform for legitimate reasons.
Newsletters and “The Beauty Journal” are sent via email to opt in End Users on a monthly or bi-monthly basis to provide the latest news, special deals, offers and more.
Collection and Purpose of Personal Data
While using the Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data that can be used to contact or identify you.
We also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include Personal Data such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, domain names, access times and referring website addresses, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
We may be required to disclose your Personal Data to legal enforcement agencies, court, tribunals, regulatory bodies and other such law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to a legal process.
Type of Personal Data collected
- Mailing and delivery addresses.
- Your e-mail address and name, NRIC, passport or other identification number.
- Telephone number.
- Your beauty profile from your age, mobile number, hair and skin types, makeup and skincare products you like / dislike.
- Other beauty concerns and preferences to provide you with customised content in terms of matching products and services suited for you.
- Your employment history, education background, and income levels if you fill out our readership surveys.
- Like many site operators, we collect Log Data, i.e., the information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site. In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse the Log Data.
- Any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you.
Generally Insider Mall will collect your Personal Data when you inter alia do any of the following:
- Register any online account at Beauty Insider or Insider Mall.
- Register and participate in our BFF Rewards Program.
- Buy a Product from Insider Mall from a Seller.
- Provide Personal Data to the Payment Gateway.
- Register for our beauty journal newsletter and other activities.
- Complete your beauty profile with us.
- Register for our Trial Team.
- Request that we contact you.
- Respond to our request for additional Personal Data.
- Participate in our contest and giveaways.
- Participate in our Insider Deals and share such promotions.
- Ask to be included in an email or other mailing list.
- Receive referrals from third parties and partners.
- Enquire on any service or book an appointment with our partners or merchants.
- Leave and share reviews.
- When you interact with our customer service staff.
- When you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents.
- When you submit a job application.
- Data from Google’s Interest-based advertising.
- Support Ticket for Returns and Exchange.
- Chat feature called Chat Now.
- When you browse our Site, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies.
- User Generated Content.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We may also release your Personal Data to comply with the law, legal and governmental requests, address fraud, security or technical concerns; or to protect against harm to the rights, property our safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
In general the Personal Data you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Data to contact users in response to their questions, solicit feedback from users, provide customized content based on users’ beauty profile, receive newsletters, or promotions from us and our partners, inform users of promotional offers from our partners such as Insider Deals, to further customise and personalize your experience with Beauty Insider. We may also use it when the Support ticket is raised or during our chat interaction via CHAT NOW.
Should you provide your Singapore telephone number(s) or an indication of your consent to receive marketing/promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then we may from time to time, contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, SMS, fax or other means) with information about our products and services (including discounts and special offers).
This could take the form of Articles / advertorials, campaigns, videos, reviews giveaways / contests that you have consent to or will consent to in the future. We take appropriate steps to take the necessary permissions from the individuals when they sign up for the above.
Insider Deals Promotions – readers on occasions are asked to leave their details / share the promo on their social media pages.
We may track your usage patterns to provide you with content or ads by means of showing the same on websites, emails, notifications and other opt in mechanisms via the Insider Mall, partners and/or third party platforms. We also conduct market research for statistical, profiling and statistical analysis.
We may use it for:
- remarketing/retargeting, cart abandonment, and other types of methods providing services, Products and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes and promotions from us and our partners.
- matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision or offering of Products and services, whether by us or other third parties;
- administering contests, competitions and conducting lucky draws, including, where necessary, in order to announce the results of these contests, competitions and lucky draws and identify and contact the winners, and in order to publicise and conduct marketing strictly related to these contests, competitions and lucky draws;
- sending you details of Products, services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or of particular Products and services which may be of interest to you; and
- conducting market research, understanding and determining customer location, preferences and demographics for us to review, develop and improve our products, services and also develop special offers and marketing programmes.
Protection of Personal Data
Security: We use standard administrative, technical and organizational measures to safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your Personal Data. For example, each of our employees and third parties execute non-disclosure agreements, with clearly defined confidentiality provisions. The non-compliance by any such person who violates such privacy and/or security policies is subject to possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
While we endeavour to always protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any Personal Data, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. By using our service you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume this risk.
You, as users of the systems, also have an important role in protecting Personal Data. You should not share any username, password or other authentication data provided to you with anyone, and we recommend that you do not re-use passwords across more than one website or application. If you have any reason to believe that your username or password has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
We do not tolerate Spam. To report any spam related mail emanating from our side, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate these Terms & Conditions. We may check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content on the site, but we will not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
We respect the rights you have as a user and therefore you have the right to:
- Data Access rights: You have the right to access the Personal Data residing with us as long as the request is reasonable
- Right to Update Data: You have the right to have corrected any inaccurate or erroneous Personal Data
- Erasure Rights: You have the right of erasure of your Personal Data
- Right to withdraw consent: Just as you given the consent, similarly you have the right to withdraw the same
Data Access Rights
You can access your records on our Site by writing to us. Before we do so, we would need to ascertain your identity and nature of your request to provide you the Personal Data as per the prescriptions of the law. The access of the Personal Information is limited to the following Personnel:
- Authorized personnel from our team and affiliates whom we engage are the only personnel who can view this Personal Data.
- We may also share this Personal Data with third parties engaged by us in marketing, learning improvements, and refining logics.
- In each case, before we do, we get into agreements with such third parties to keep secure the data being shared with them as also ensure that they follow standard organizational and technical safeguards.
- We may be required to disclose your Personal Data to legal enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies and other such law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to a legal process.
- We will also share your Personal Data with other third parties if we have your consent (for example if you have given us permission to), or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to our rights, property or safety, our users, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
Right to Update Data
- Login to your account
- Go to your profile
- Update the inaccurate information
- This is essential for us to service you adequately
- Based on your updates we share this with third parties who may have a need for the same in order to serve you
You have the right to erasure of your Personal Data. What it means is that we will erase the Personal Data from our records as well as inform third parties to do the same. For this you have to write to us at our mail address provided below.
Right to withdraw consent
Just as you have given consent, similarly you have the right to withdraw the same. For this you have to write to us at our mail address provided below.
You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. For example, when we send a promotional communication to a user via an electronic direct mailer, the user can opt out for further promotional communications by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in that email. You can also indicate that you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us by contacting us on the details as stated on the “contact us” section of our site.
Kindly note that if you exercise of any of your rights as per this provision, there is a possibility that the continuance of any of our services can be curtailed or some portions thereof may not be possible. In such an event we will not be liable to continue to provide the services to, or perform our contract with you as per the Terms & Conditions. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such an event.
Cookies are used to track your preferences, help you login faster, and aggregated (i.e., your Personal Data is de-identified and de-anonymised) to determine user trends. This aggregated data is used to improve our offerings, such as providing more content in areas of greater interest to the majority of our users.
We collect some cookies which are essential including for logging in sessions and tokens, while others are more from a performance and functionality capability. There are also some third-party cookies such as Google Analytics which are used.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Type of cookies
We use various type of Cookies:
Session Cookies: Session cookies store information about what the user does during a single session. A session is simply a randomly generated/unique value that is assigned when someone visits a website. Session cookies are stored temporarily and are automatically removed when the browser closes or the session ends. We use this for the shopping cart and the wish list.
Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies last much longer and are stored on disk until they expire or are manually cleared by the user. These are also sometimes referred to as “tracking cookies,” as these are the types of cookies that Google Analytics, AdRoll, Stripe, etc. all use. This is used for remember me in login, blog comments, product reviews, BFF rewards, and cart.
How long do cookies stay on a user’s browser?
Session type ends after user closes browser
Persistent type stays 365 days (until user clears)
Keep users logged in, check cart items for when users get back on the site
Where data is sent and with whom it’s shared
Data is stored within Insider Mall only for now.
How to reject cookies and how to change cookie settings
User can change their browser’s settings if they done want to receive cookies: https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies
Retention of Personal Data
We retain this as long as your account is active and delete this once your account is closed or once the retention period is at an end and/or for any applicable retention period post this as per law or voluntary codes of conduct. Unless otherwise prohibited, we may shorten the retention period for some types of Personal Data if needed to free up storage space.
To delete your account with Beauty Insider Singapore, please send an email to email@example.com for us to process your account deletion.
Links to other Websites