Beauty Insider is an online beauty magazine and review site with registered members. Beauty Insider takes the privacy of your information seriously.
This policy is based and governs data collection, processing and usage in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”).
“Personal Data” refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data in combination with other information to which the organisation may have access and includes the meaning otherwise as defined in the Act as amended from time to time.
Information is collected from you when you Register on our site, subscribe to our Beauty Journal newsletter, participate in out ‘Trial Team’, our Social Media Giveaways, other activities and fill out any forms and via cookies.
Personal Information that May be Collected
The Website may collect and process:
- Personally identifiable information, such as:
- Your e-mail address and name, IC No, when you register and account at Beauty Insider or other Activities on the site such as registering for our beauty journal newsletter.
- Your Beauty Profile from your Age, Mobile No, Hair & Skin Types, Makeup & Skincare products you like/ dislikes, Other Beauty Concerns to provide you with Customised Content in terms of matching products & Services suited for you.
- Your employment history, education background, and income levels if you fill out our readership surveys
- Log Data Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses, your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this …
Collection of Personal Data
Usually Beauty Insider will collect your data when you
- register and account at Beauty Insider
- registering for our beauty journal newsletter and other activities
- complete your beauty profile with us
- Register for our Trial Team Form
- When you request that we contact you;
- When you respond to our request for additional Personal Data
- When you participate in our contest and giveaways
- When you participate in our Insider Deals
- When you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
- When we receive referrals from third parties and partners
- Enquire on any service or book an appointment with our partners.
- When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies.
PROTECTION OF DATA
We implement various security measures to maintain the safety of your personal data.
Use of your Data
In general the personal information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example we use personal information to contact users in response to their questions, solicit feedback from users, provide customized content based on users beauty profile, receive newsletters, or promotions from us and our partners, inform users of promotional offers from our partners such as Insider Deals, To further customise and personalize your experience with Beauty Insider
The Website uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website or to fully experience the interactive features of the FWP services or websites you visit.
You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. For example When we send a promotional communication to a user via an electronic direct mailer, the user can opt out for further promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in that email. You can also indicate that you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us by contacting us on the details as stated on the contact us section of our site.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Security Of Your Personal Information
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorised access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, and use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. However we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. By using our service you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume this risk.