Want better skin, hair and nails? You just need a bottle of honey.
Honey is packed with phyto nutrients, antioxidants, and enzymes that work magic on many beauty problems. It’s a natural humectant, drawing moisture from the air into the skin. It fights bacteria and helps heal the skin. We found 10 ways to use honey this weekend – try one and tell us about it in the comments!
1. Pore cleanser: 1 tablespoon honey + 2 tablespoons coconut oil
The enzymes clarify the skin, and help with any bacteria buildup that can cause breakouts.
2. Exfoliator: 1 tablespoon honey + 1 tablespoon baking soda
Baking soda is a gentle exfoliator that breaks down dead skin cells. Honey moisturizes and soothes.
3. Zit control: Spot-apply honey on breakouts.
Honey’s anti-fungal and anti-bacterial powers help kill the bacteria that causes breakouts. It’s an anti-inflammatory, too, so it can help reduce redness and irritation.
4. Hand soak: 3 tablespoons honey + 1 cup warm water
So moisturizing, and your hands will smell amazing. We like doing this after doing chores, when hands feel very dry and still smell like detergent (yuck).
5. Nail treatment: 1 tablespoon honey + 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Honey and coconut oil moisturize, condition and protect the nails, while the apple cider vinegar helps soften any hard skin and restores your skin’s PH levels for healthy growth.
6. Hair conditioner: 1 tablespoon raw honey + 2 tablespoons coconut oil
This penetrates into the hair shaft to condition the cuticle and restore shine. You can also mix 1 teaspoon of honey into your shampoo (lather and rinse like you normally would).
7. Lightening mask: 2 tablespoons honey + 1 cup mashed ripe papaya
This mask can help with uneven or dull skin tone. Papaya has natural whitening enzymes, and honey will soothe the skin.
8. Glow-getter: 1 tablespoon of honey + 1 half banana, mashed
Bananas are another wonder ingredient that can exfoliate and moisturize at the same time. Paired with honey, your skin will feel smoother and look more radiant.